When it comes to capturing the interest of potential home buyers, it’s essential to create a space in which they could envision their lifestyle. If you are planning to list your home, here are a few design tips that will help boost its appeal both in photos and in person.
It can be difficult for a potential buyer to imagine living in a space that is filled with someone else’s belongings. Keep in mind that not everyone has the same tastes and style, so it’s important to take certain measures to neutralize your home.
- Limit the number of personal items throughout the home, including family photos.
- Style with neutral accessories such as vases or candles
- Apply a fresh coat of paint. It’s best to select a neutral color palette that will appeal to the largest number of potential buyers and easily transition from room to room.
Boost Curb Appeal
Your home’s exterior will ultimately make the first impression, so make it count.
- Ensure the exterior lighting is functional and landscaping is properly manicured.
- Power wash the deck and siding
- Tastefully decorate with seasonal arrangements, if desired.